When someone drives negligently, it threatens you and everyone else they encounter. Because the financial, physical, and other repercussions of a car accident in Laurens are often considerable, the state has laws that allow you to pursue compensation against the responsible party.
A car accident lawyer in Laurens from Hite & Stone Attorneys at Law understands what goes into building a strong personal injury case and may be able to help you navigate yours.
Cases Our Laurens Car Accident Lawyers Handle
A Laurens car accident attorney may be able to assist you after a car wreck involving the following:
- Speed: Per the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, speed contributed to almost 30% of all traffic fatalities in 2021.
- Driver distraction: Driver distraction continues to be a leading factor in fatal and non-fatal car wrecks across South Carolina and the rest of the nation.
- Drug or alcohol intoxication: Many injury-involved car wrecks occur because a motorist drives under the influence of alcohol, drugs, or both.
- Cellphone use: Many South Carolina car crashes involve motorists using cellphones, and texting, in particular, is a common contributor to wrecks.
Our Laurens car accident lawyers help assist clients who suffer injuries in various types of crashes, including rear-end collisions, rideshare accidents, left-hand turn crashes, and hit-and-run collisions, among other types.
How To Determine Fault in an Accident
South Carolina is an “at-fault” state, meaning the party who causes a crash is responsible for covering the associated expenses. To win a case against a negligent driver, you must demonstrate the following:
- The responsible party had a duty of care to drive in a responsible manner.
- The responsible party breached that duty at the time of the accident.
- The injuries you suffered were a direct result of the wreck.
- The other driver’s breach of his or her duty of care is the reason you suffered harm.
In some cases, determining fault and liability may become a bit more complex. For example, consider a scenario where the driver who hit you was working as a delivery person when the accident occurred. In this scenario, it may be the negligent driver’s employer who is liable for the injuries you suffered.
When someone’s actions cause you to suffer a severe injury, our Laurens car accident attorney may be able to help you gather the evidence you need to make the strongest argument possible. You may need to rely on photos, video surveillance, law enforcement reports, and medical records, among other potential resources, to help build your case.
Find a Laurens Car Accident Lawyer Near You
Personal injury cases are complex, and it is often the goal of the responsible driver’s insurance company to pay out as little as possible after a wreck. A car accident lawyer at Hite & Stone Attorneys at Law understands what it takes to go to bat against insurance companies and has helped many people do just that in the aftermath of a crash. Call us or contact us online to discuss your case and explore your options.