Some nursing homes provide attentive and diligent care for the seniors entrusted to them.
Others put profit first and cut corners at every turn. Your loved one could pay the price for the nursing home’s carelessness and greed. If your family member was abused at a nursing home, you may be entitled to file a lawsuit. Call the Hite Law Firm to schedule a free consultation to discuss your case with a nursing home abuse attorney in Greenwood.
Nursing Homes in the Greenwood Area
There are many assisted living facilities and two major nursing homes that serve the Greenwood area:
- NHC Healthcare
- Healthcare Center of Wesley Commons
We handle cases against assisted living facilities and nursing homes that are owned either by large corporations or independently operated.
Types of Nursing Home Abuse
Many people think that nursing home abuse is limited to unlawful physical contact with the senior. However, abuse extends far beyond that. Nursing home abuse includes:
- Neglecting seniors by not giving them the proper supervision and care in their daily activities (such as eating and hygiene)
- Physical abuse
- Sexual abuse by staff members or other residents
- Financial abuse, where the nursing home does not safeguard the resident’s money and property, or a staff member steals from the senior
- Emotional abuse
If your loved one has been injured because of a lack of care, it counts as nursing home abuse, and your family can file a lawsuit. First, your family must learn that your loved one was a victim of abuse at a nursing home.
Damages in a Nursing Abuse Case
Your family can receive compensation for what your loved one endured. There are three types of lawsuits that could be filed against a nursing home:
- Wrongful death cases when your loved one died from their injuries
- Survival actions to recover damages for what your loved one endured between the time of their injury and death
- Personal injury actions, when your family member survived the abuse but they were injured
If your lawsuit is successful, your family could receive:
- Medical costs to treat your loved one’s injury
- Pain and suffering, to account for your family member’s ordeal and discomfort
- Your family’s own grief and loss of the close relationship with the family member
- Punitive damages if the nursing home’s abuse was extreme and shocking
Why Hire Hite Law Firm for Your Nursing Home Abuse Lawsuit?
Nursing home abuse lawsuits require a mix of compassion and tenacity. From your family’s standpoint, you need a local injury lawyer in Greenwood who will take the time to listen and patiently explain your legal situation. You must have a lawyer who can get to the bottom of what happened and hold the nursing home accountable for what they did to your loved one.
The Hite Law Firm provides attentive service to families while holding defendants fully accountable.
Contact a Greenwood Nursing Home Abuse Lawyer Today
If your family member has been injured by a nursing home that you trusted to care for them, you do not have to let the facility get away with it. The Hite Law Firm can help you file a nursing home abuse lawsuit. You can message us online or call us today at 864-664-2252 to schedule a free initial consultation.