When you need an Abbeville, SC, injury attorney to advocate for you after a slip and fall, we invite you to contact Hite Law Firm Trial Lawyers. Our law firm advocates for people who are hurt in our community.
Attorneys Handling Slip and Fall Cases in Abbeville, SC
At Hite Law Firm, the interests of our clients are our top priority. We will treat you with the care and compassion that you need following a slip and fall accident. From our offices in the heart of Abbeville, SC, we represent adults and children who are hurt by a fall.
To see how we can help you and to start your case today, reach out to us. Call us or use the online form to get in touch.
Legal Help for Slip and Fall Injuries
Slip and fall accidents may occur when someone falls:
- On the same level
- From an elevated height
- Because they are struck by an object
- As the result of assault and battery or jostling
Slip and fall accidents can produce serious injuries. It may be the basis for legal liability of the party responsible for the dangerous condition that caused the fall. You may be suffering from the following:
- Broken bones, fractures
- Traumatic brain injury
- Sprains and strains
- Burns and road rash
- Disfigurement and mobility limitations
- Bleeding and bruising
- Wrongful death
A fall can happen in a second, but the injuries can be long-lasting. At Hite Law Firm, we are committed to representing the interests of people who are hurt. If you need a committed legal professional to advocate for you, please contact us. We aim to deliver justice and financial help for slip and fall victims.
What can cause a slip and fall accident?
One common type of slip and fall is a customer in a store who encounters a spill that hasn’t been cleaned up. Here are some common causes of falls:
- Water or another substance on the floor
- Pallets, displays, or furniture placed where people can trip over them
- Bad lighting
- A frayed rug or carpet, broken sidewalk, or cracked flooring
- Not following building codes
- Poor lighting
- Objects overhead that are not secure
- Collapsed flooring
- Jostling from too many people in one place
- Failing to secure a ladder or mobile stairs
- Broken handrails
- Inadequate elevator or escalator maintenance
- Going past load limits for equipment and structures
The dangerous condition may exist for a short or long time before the injury occurs. An investigation may be needed into what caused the fall. Our attorneys investigate so that we truly understand the situation. Then, we advocate for your rights.
Slip and Fall Accident FAQs
Can you sue for a slip and fall in South Carolina?
South Carolina law recognizes slip and fall claims based on the failure of the property owner to take reasonable steps to keep the property safe. If the property owner allowed a dangerous condition to exist, and you get hurt, you can sue for slip and fall.
How long do you have to sue for a slip and fall in Abbeville, SC?
The time limit to file for slip and fall in Abbeville and throughout South Carolina is three years. S.C. Code § 15-3-530 creates a three-year time limit for legal claims based on injury. In some cases the time limit may be shorter. Our attorneys can tell you which limit applies in your case.
What compensation can you get for a slip and fall?
Compensation for slip and fall may reflect your economic losses and non-economic losses. Economic losses include the costs of medical treatment, lost income, and property damage. Non-economic losses include pain and suffering, emotional anguish, disfigurement, embarrassment, and lifestyle limitations.
What if the homeowner is a family member for a slip and fall?
Many slip and fall claims are covered by homeowners insurance. Even if the property owner is a friend or family member, it may still be possible to receive financial compensation, and insurance may cover it. Contact our attorneys to talk about your specific situation and your options.
Do I have a slip and fall case?
You may have a slip and fall case if:
- You were on someone else’s property
- There was a dangerous condition on the property
- The danger was unreasonable – the owner or person in control of the property should have remedied the dangerous condition
- A fall occurred
- You got hurt with physical injuries
- Injuries are the result of the slip and fall
Whether or not the danger was unreasonable depends on the facts of the case. The status of the victim at the time of the incident matters, whether you were a customer or patron of a business, someone invited to the property for mutual purposes, or a trespasser. Injuries must be the result of the dangerous condition.
Why Choose Our Experienced Lawyers?
At Hite Law Firm, we do things differently. We take the time to truly understand you, what happened, and how you may benefit from our services.
Here are some reasons that people choose our experienced lawyers:
- A law firm dedicated to the needs of people who are hurt and afflicted
- Consultations are available in our offices, by phone, video chat, or in another place that’s convenient for you, like your home or the hospital
- Representation for both adults and children
- Martindale-Hubbell® AV®-rated for the highest skills and ethics in the legal profession
- Deep roots in the Abbeville community and a location just steps from the Abbeville County Courthouse
- We also have offices throughout South Carolina for your convenience
The brother-sister team of Heather Hite Stone and Thomas (Tombo) E. Hite, III have five decades of collective experience. With admissions in South Carolina and federal courts, they have a wealth of knowledge that can be put to work on your case. They are passionate about being a voice for those who cannot speak for themselves.
Talk to a Lawyer – Consultations Available
Consultations are available with the Abbeville slip and fall attorneys at Hite Law Firm. There’s no obligation. Learn about your case and how our committed attorneys can help you.
Contact us today for your consultation and to start your case.